Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well...here we are...

Hello there, readers. Welcome, I say!

So...my life's been kinda boring over-all until just recently. Things are starting to actually happen. Let me fill you in.


Just went in today to register for my GED test. The reason I need a GED is because I wasn't exactly trying too hard in school and started to fail. Around the same time, my family was running out of money and my parents couldn't afford a babysitter for my younger siblings any more. Things just kinda...fell into place. I dropped out and started to babysit.

Anyway, went to register today. $225 in cash. Grandma funded it. I'm incredibly grateful to her for that. I have no money, and that would be kinda tough for my parents to just pull out.

I'll be taking the test on March 1st and 2nd from 5:30 pm to 10 pm on each day. That's right, 9 hours of testing. Plenty of time for me to quadruple check. I don't plan on failing, especially since I'd have to pay an extra $40 for each part of the test I'd have to retake. Wish me luck on that.


I've read a lot of web comics. The one I've been really in to lately is Questionable Content. Its about the exploits of an "indie boy" and the people he meets during everyday existance in the undisclosed city in which they reside. Its filled to the brim with music and pop culture references, hilarious jokes, amazing character development, and surprisingly relatable situations. The artwork in QC is really great. It starts out pretty cartoony but becomes more realistic as the issues come. Jeph Jacques posts new comics every Monday through Friday. I really suggest reading it.

I'm in a band with my cousin, Eric, now. I'm not really sure we've got a name set yet, but Dad, our self-proclaimed manager, seems to really like Eric Bruning and the Clockwork Orchestra (I'll just say EBatCO until the name becomes official). I'm not too big on that name. We're not even an orchestra (o-o;;).

I'll be playing lead guitar for EBatCO. I'm going over Eric's old album, Sketched, by his old band ej (pronounced edge), and adding in lead guitar. Its pretty much all rythm, so its not too difficult so far. I might post some of it if Eric says its alright. Its Christian Rock, but hey, shouldn't be too big of a deal for you guys to not take a listen or two.

Other than the stuff with EBatCO, I'm working with my friend Tom on his musical stuff. He's making an album now and I'll be doing some guitar on that too. I'll be getting money for it too, so...yay. When he gets something publicly accesible up, I'll post it or something.


Tom got me in to Sonata Arctica yesterday. I've been eargasming all day. Its so amazing. You should really give it a listen. This is power metal at its finest.

The reason I'm only just now getting in to Sonata Arctica is that a couple years back, when I was first getting into metal in general, my friend showed me Sonata Arctica. He played one of their stalker songs on his iPod for me. I was completely weirded out by them and didn't ever want to listen to them....ever.
Last night, Tom played some Sonata Arctica for me. I really liked it. I'm kinda sad that I didn't listen to them before, but the situation is being rectified. Huzzah.


Alrighty...well...welcome to the blog!

1 comment: